Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blog #1

In the beginning I was afraid that this book would be very graphic and only talk about all of the different problems that the main character has, but as I read the book, it was very different then what I expected.

This novel is about a boy named Bryan that lost his sister about a year ago. His sister, Michelle, had a lot of problems with her and Bryan knew of all of them. She taught him the perfect way to cut himself and after she died he started doing it because it made him feel like he was alive. Bryan's mom is very torn up about Michelle's death and because of it, she drinks her pain away. His dad thinks that its time for everybody to just forget about what happened and move on. Bryan cut himself off from a normal life. He broke up with his girlfriend, Jessie, stoped talking to all of his friends, and tried to have as limited contact with his parents and teachers as possible. As the book goes on, more and more things happen to Bryan and because of it I am very interested in the book. I can't wait to find out what happens to Bryan next.

If you knew someone close to you was having problems or hurting themselves, would you just leave it alone and pretend you dont know anything or tell somebody about it before it was too late?

6 comments:

  1. If i found out my friend was hurting themselves i would for sure try to help them. If they didnt want the help i would take control and go out and find help. By me not doing anything and my friend died, i would probabnly blame it on myself because i didn't do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would most certainly go find help for them, wether they would want it or not. It would be horrid to know about it and not do anything about it, It'd be more like murder to just standby while they kill themselves slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jen on this, I would never let it go, I would keep trying and trying until they would accept my offer to help them. If they didn't want me to butt in that wouldn't stop me, I would go to extremes to find help for my friend. If i didn't do all to help my friend, that I couldn't really be called a friend could I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would actually try and get help instead of keeping the problems inside. if something like this ever happens, I will never let it go. If I were a true friend, I would go and get help for my friend, and not just pretend nothing happened because its not true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if.i.was.in.this.position.i.would.definately.tell.someone.about.my.friends.problem.becasue.it.could.save.their.life.and.if.i.didnt.tell.anyone,it.would.be.my.fault.once.they.took.it.too.far.and.ended.their.life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd try and help them in any way I could. Even if that means just hanging out with them. I know that I wouldn't be able to solve their problem, as cutting is super serious. But I'd tell someone like my parents or a counsellor to see if I could get them some professional help.

    ReplyDelete